SevenishLaw has the best information on Indianapolis personal injury lawyers:
Fighting Exclusively For The Rights Of Indiana Injury Victims And Their Families
In a perfect world, someone whose actions hurt another would feel obligated to make amends. Unfortunately, in the real world, it often requires the help of a lawyer to force the wrongdoer to provide proper compensation—especially since the costs of a catastrophic injury can reach into the millions of dollars.At the Sevenish Law Firm, we believe that it is inexcusable to expect an injury victim to pay for the costs of someone else’s negligence. Our Indiana attorneys focus exclusively on personal injury law to hold at-fault parties accountable for the medical bills and losses incurred by their victims, even if these costs continue for the rest of a victim’s life.
Our Indianapolis Attorneys Help with Many Types of Personal Injury Claims
With nearly three decades of experience as a personal injury lawyer in Indiana and a background as a police officer, attorney Randall “Randy” Sevenish is adept at seeking compensation for victims and their families. Call the number on this page to discuss your case with an attorney today.
We represent clients who have suffered a variety of injuries due to another’s negligence, including:
- Brain Injury. Work accidents, falls, violence, and car and truck accidents can all result in life-changing brain injuries, causing emotional upheaval for a victim and his or her family. Our firm remains an active member of the National Brain Injury Trial Lawyers Association, and our staff is sensitive to the needs of victims struggling with traumatic brain injuries (TBI). We work closely and compassionately with brain injury clients and their families to get compensation for past and future losses.
- Burn Injury. Severe burns can affect victims long after the injuries themselves have healed. People suffering skin and tissue damage caused by fire, heat, cold, chemicals, steam, electricity, radiation, or friction may be permanently disfigured or need multiple surgeries to reverse scarring. Many burn injury victims suffer emotional and mental trauma throughout their recoveries, and may be unable to work after the accident.
- Premises Injury. Although they are sometimes referred to as “slip and fall” cases, premises liability concerns any injuries that occur on someone else’s property. Injuries can range from dog bites and broken bones due to falls to drowning accidents in swimming pools accidents or injuries in public spaces.
- Spinal Cord Injury. While all back injuries can be painful and debilitating, a spinal cord injury (SCI) can cause irreversible and permanent paralysis. Victims may lose the ability to walk, speak, bear children, move his or her arms, or be completely unable to move without assistance. These injuries often require an overwhelming amount of medical care and treatment, including surgeries, lengthy physical rehabilitation, counseling, and long-term assisted living.
- Workers Compensation. There is no end to the kinds of accidents that can be suffered by employees in the course of their work. From soft tissue injuries to amputation of a limb, workers may endure side effects of a work injury long after the accident date. We can ensure proper payment of workers’ compensation for the full costs of a work injury.
- Wrongful Death. Falls, car accidents, truck crashes, motorcycle accidents, and countless other avoidable situations have all resulted in the untimely loss of a family member. If you are struggling after a loss, we can provide sympathy, support and legal advice to help you recover, as well as offer aggressive representation to bring a negligent party to justice.
How to Get Compensation in a Personal Injury Case
In order to recover compensation a personal injury case, you must prove that the harm you suffered is the result of another person’s actions. An Indiana personal injury attorney’s role is to establish the extent of the injuries you have suffered, determine what type of fault applies to your case, and demonstrate how the party’s fault directly led to your injuries.
There are four types of fault that may arise in personal injury cases:
- Intentional injury. This fault describes situations where a person made a deliberate action with the specific intent to cause harm (such as physical assaults and road rage incidents).
- Recklessness. These at-fault parties may not have intended harm, but showed a complete disregard for the safety and lives of others (such as driving while impaired by alcohol).
- Negligence. Injury cases can be successful if an at-fault party failed to consider the consequences of his actions, failed in his duty to protect others, or otherwise acted in a way that no reasonable person would (such as a driver who goes through a stop sign because he was looking at a text message).
- Strict liability. This type of fault occurs when a party has violated a clearly established duty of safety (such as a manufacturer who allows a defective product to get into consumers’ hands).
Depending on the circumstances of your case, you could recover the costs of your past and future medical expenses, lost wages, loss of earning capacity, mental anguish, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and punitive damages to prevent the at-fault party for causing additional injuries in the future. At the Sevenish Law Firm, we take all personal injury cases seriously and represent our clients with integrity, honor, and discipline—and we never charge attorney fees unless a client recovers compensation. Contact us today using our convenient online form or by calling the number at the top of this page.
[pw_map address=”Indianapolis” key=”AIzaSyCMfNiQv_tIPqj2EXx8y91I2kyzlwsHv_4″]
Content Rating: 10/10