Five South Florida Attorneys Suspended, Three Reprimanded – Daily Business Review (registration)
South Florida Business Journal (blog)
Five South Florida Attorneys Suspended, Three ReprimandedDaily Business Review (registration)
He was one of five personal injury protection attorneys charged in a case that ended with the ouster of Broward Circuit Judge Laura Watson. Marks was accused of secretly negotiating the settlement with Progressive Casualty Insurance Co. before Watson …Attorney discipline: 8 punished in South Florida South Florida Business Journal (blog)all 2 news articles »
Florida Supreme Court disciplines 24 attorneys – Jacksonville Daily Record
Jacksonville Daily Record
Florida Supreme Court disciplines 24 attorneysJacksonville Daily Record
Kenneth Brian Schwartz, West Palm Beach, to be publicly reprimanded by publication in the Southern Reporter. (Admitted to practice: 2001) Schwartz failed to adequately handle a personal injury case after being retained. He settled a portion of the case …
Common Palm Beach Car Crash Injuries – Articlesbase
A Palm Beach car crash can leave you with devastating injuries. If you have already been the victim of a Palm Beach car wreck., don’t let yourself become a victim of the insurance companies as well.
Before you sign any paperwork, agree to any settlements, or give any statements to the insurance companies, order your FREE copy of Evan Fetterman’s book Smart Lawyers, Smart Clients – Wear Clean Underwear.
The injuries that are often sustained in a Palm Beach car wreck can range from very minor (as in the case of a small scrape) to very severe (as in a traumatic brain injury, or even death).
Some common Palm Beach auto accident injuries are:
• Psychological Trauma – The psychological trauma from a car crash is something that may never completely go away. Fear of driving, panic attacks, and nightmares are all common following a Palm Beach auto accident, and may require counseling to manage.
• Whiplash – Whiplash is the most common reported injury in Palm Beach car crashes. Although whiplash cannot be seen, it can be quite painful and cause lasting symptoms; in fact, nearly 45 percent of whiplash victims report that they still suffer from symptoms two years after the accident.
• Cuts and Scrapes – Cuts and scrapes can occur in many different places and for a number of different reasons. A doctor should always be seen after a car crash to examine any cuts and scrapes you may have sustained.
• Burns – Burns are commonly caused by the quick, forceful inflation of the airbag. They appear quickly and are very painful but they are not normally very serious, and a quick recovery is usually expected.
• Broken Bones – Due to the extreme forces acting on a body during a car crash, broken bones and serious fractures occur frequently. Common injuries include broken arms, wrists, legs, ankles, pelvis, and jaw bones.
• Broken Ribs – Car crashes are the most common cause of broken ribs. Broken ribs can be life-threatening and may puncture lungs or damage other organs or tissues.
• Knee Damage – Knee damage is very common and usually results from the knees being forced into the dashboard. These injuries can be extremely painful and debilitating and may require surgery and a long recovery period.
• Back Injury – Back injuries can be life-changing, and they frequently cause lifelong aches and pains. If you have suffered a back injury due to another party’s negligence, you need to consult with an attorney.
• Neck Injury – Neck injuries can cause chronic pain and disability that can change your life forever. These injuries are very serious and often require extensive treatments and therapies.
• Internal Organ Injuries – Internal injuries are very serious and should not be taken lightly. If left untreated they can cause life-threatening internal bleeding. Some commonly injured organs are the spleen, liver, heart, lungs, bowels, and kidneys.
• Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) – Traumatic brain injuries, also referred to as TBIs, can range from mild to severe. Symptoms range from a slight change in mental state to extended periods of unconsciousness or amnesia. Some symptoms of TBI are immediately evident, while others may not surface until days or even weeks after the injury. You should always seek medical attention following a TBI.
• Wrongful Death – Sometimes the negligence of others can cause serious harm or even death.
Top 5 Reasons I Need a Personal Injury Attorney – Articlesbase
Handling a major accident on your own can monopolize your time and deplete your resources. There is a good chance insurance companies are banging down your door urging you to sign various documents. Financial losses attributed to injuries, medical bills, or missed work are probably adding up.
You Don’t Have To Deal With This Alone
You don’t have to handle rude insurance adjusters and mounting medical bills by yourself. If you or someone you know has been involved in a serious accident, contact an experienced personal injury attorney; they can help uncover the best course of action to protect your rights.
Why Do I Need an Attorney for My Personal Injury Case?
If you had a heart condition that needed surgery, you wouldn’t try to fix it yourself—would you? In situations that involve serious injuries that have damaged your health, someone who is a true expert on the subject and has a long track record of achieving successful outcomes will be well worth your investment.
1. Insurance Companies Do Not Have Your Best Interests at Heart: Insurance companies are at the end of the day only interested in protecting their bottom line—;not to compensate you fairly for injuries. Hiring a lawyer is one of the better ways to guarantee you have a party on your side advocating for your needs.
2. Statute of Limitations: statutes of limitation vary by location. If the process is not completed within a certain time frame, you will lose your rights in the state of Florida. An experienced auto accident attorney can properly identify which statute of limitations rule applies to your specific situation.
3. Filing Your Personal Injury Claim Entails Compliance With Strict Rules: Dealing with the paperwork, rules, and regulations associated with filing a Florida personal injury claim is a complex task. An experienced personal injury attorney can guide you through the process required by your state to file.
4. Damages Due to Your Injuries May Be More Extensive Than You Think: Florida (for example) laws define damages under several different categories like pain, mental duress, medical expenses and more. Unless you posses the acute knowledge of the legal quirks of your particular jurisdiction, plainly speaking, give could be giving money away.
5. Proving Your Case Is Complicated: Filing your case is very complex. Actually proving your case is exponentially more difficult. Having a legal professional experienced in ascertaining all of the factors is absolutely CRITICAL.
Just as choosing the right heart surgeon is crucial to a successful quadruple bypass, choosing the right attorney to handle your accident case is paramount to receiving an appropriate settlement. Just like anything important, do your homework, talk to your trusted confidants, and do not settle for anything less than the best you can find. Never forget that the right Palm Beach accident attorney exists for you.
Personal Injury Lawyer West Palm Beach, Personal Injury Lawyers West Palm Beach Fl, Personal Injury Attorney West Palm Beach Florida, Personal Injury Lawyer West Palm Beach Fl, Personal Injury Attorney West Palm Beach Fl, Personal Injury Lawyers West Palm Beach Fl, Personal Injury Attorney West Palm Beach Fl, Personal Injury Attorney West Palm Beach Florida, Personal Injury Lawyer In West Palm Beach Florida, Personal Injury Lawyer West Palm Beach Fl