bicycle accident lawyer
bicycle accident lawyerbicycle accident lawyer bicycle accident lawyer
D’Youville names athletic fields in honor of lawyer killed in biking accident – Buffalo News
D'Youville names athletic fields in honor of lawyer killed in biking accident
D'Youville College has named its new athletic fields after a Buffalo lawyer and sports enthusiast who died as a result of a 2013 bicycling accident in Slovenia. The $5.5 million complex on Porter Avenue near Front Park will be known as Dobson Athletic …
Family upset with fatal bike crash investigation – BurlingtonFreePress.com
Family upset with fatal bike crash investigation
MIDDLEBURY – A lawyer for the family of a Burlington radiologist killed in a bicycle-car crash has asked for a delay in a DUI charge against the driver until state police can review evidence the lawyer says police missed during an initial investigation.
and more »
Summer is Over for Kids, But Bike Accident Season is Still Here – JD Supra (press release)
Summer is Over for Kids, But Bike Accident Season is Still Here
JD Supra (press release)
If your child has been injured in a bike accident, contact an experienced personal injury attorney. A recent report shows that the states that reported the largest number of bike-related fatalities were California, Florida, Texas, New York, Illinois …
Injury Lawyer Los Angeles-Acquainting Yourself with Eye Injuries
According to Los Angeles personal injury lawyer, your eyesight is one of the most important parts of your body. There are a lot of things that you cannot do well if you lose your vision. However, they can also be delicate, and there are already numerous cases that caused eye injuries says Los Angeles personal injury lawyer. Below are some ways that can cause eye injuries:
- The impact of air bags when they inflate can be the reason for traumatic eye injury.
- The strong chemicals of your hair care or beauty products may cause partial or restriction into your vision.
- There are also several errors that are being committed during LASIK surgeries. They leave permanent scars on the eyes and do not correct what could have been simple eye problems.
- Some contact lenses and their solutions can cause someone to suffer from a severe eye infection known as fusarium keratitis. It causes the cornea of the eyes to become inflamed. The best solution is to undergo surgery.
- Countless women have already complained about eye problems caused by overexposure to radiation personal injury attorney Los Angeles. This normally happens when they lie on tanning beds for their regular sessions. They may not be advised to wear goggles, or there are no pieces of equipment available to protect the eyes.
- Vehicular collision may cause shards of glasses to directly get into the eyes, permanently or severely damaging the nerve endings and other important portions of your eyes.
- Vision-impaired individuals may have hurt their eyes with sharp objects such as knives, BB guns, slingshots, darts, and a lot more. The scenario could have been an accident or deliberate, such as when someone purposely hurt their eyes for certain reasons.
- Workers may lose their vision with constant exposure to chemicals, machineries, and other work-related injuries. In fact, there are more than 100,000 of them who may suffer from eye injuries every year. The most common ones include plumbers, automotive workers, welders, carpenters, and machine operators.
- There was an error or wrong diagnosis of patients, which only worsened their eye condition. It could also be that the results of examinations were interpreted incorrectly. Thus, the right solution to the eye problem was not administered.
The severity of the eye condition may range from minor (where the vision will be lost for a couple of minutes, hours, or days, says auto accident attorney Los Angeles) to severe (where he will suffer from partial to even permanent loss). Either way, loss of vision is not only detrimental physically but also emotionally.
The Dangers of SUV Rollover Accidents
SUV rollover accidents are frequently very serious, resulting in severe injuries and high levels of fatalities. Due to the increased popularity of SUVs over the past 10-15 years, these accidents have been occurring more frequently each year.
An SUV rollover accident takes place when the vehicle turns over on its side or roof. These accidents are quite common when drivers lose control of their vehicles due to adverse road conditions or when swerving to avoid an accident.
SUV rollover accidents are most common when the driver is making a sharp turn at very high speeds. Due to their high center of gravity and narrow tire track, SUVs are much more likely to be involved in rollover accidents than other vehicles.
SUV Rollover Facts
Injuries sustained in SUV rollover accidents are often very severe. Some of the most common injuries from rollover accidents include:
- Brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Broken bones
These accidents are much more common with SUVs than with other vehicles. Roughly 35% of all fatal SUV accidents involve rollover crashes, while only 15% of fatal auto accidents are the result of a rollover.
The following facts shed some insight into the seriousness of these accidents:
- There are approximately 10,000 fatalities a year that are the result of a rollover accident. Of these, over 60% involve SUVs.
- Brain injuries are the most common injury sustained in SUV rollover accidents.
- Rollover accidents result in serious injuries 36% more often than non-rollover accidents.
- Approximately 63% of rollover fatalities are the result of vehicle ejections. Survivors of vehicle ejections often suffer serious brain injuries.
- More than 90% of all SUV rollover accidents and about 80% of all rollover fatalities are the result of single vehicle accidents.
- Roughly 55% of all fatalities caused by single vehicle accidents are the result of a rollover.
SUV Design Defects
Many SUV rollovers are the result of design defects in the vehicles. Often, these defects make injuries caused by these accidents much worse. Design defects that contribute to the severity of rollover accidents include:
- Vehicles with an overly high center of gravity
- Inadequate roof structure to prevent roof buckling in the event of a rollover
- Defective tires
- Defective door latches which increase the likelihood of vehicle ejections
- Overly narrow tire tracks
When you have been severely injured in a rollover accident caused by a defective automobile, the vehicle manufacturer may be held liable for your damages. It is important to consult an experienced auto accident lawyer to determine if you have a valid claim against the manufacturer.